Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies are a delicious must-have recipe! That flavor combination of nutty peanut butter and sweet and creamy milk chocolate is the perfect complimentary pair. I love the soft cookies and the chocolate just melts in your mouth.
Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe
They were a go-to Christmas cookie at my house growing up so of course they’ll always be a cookie I love.
Plus I love how these are a fun cookie cookie for the family to make together.
The kids love to help shape them into balls and roll through the sugar, and they’re pros at all that tedious unwrapping :).
I love to eat these while the chocolate is still nice and melty, I guess I just have a thing for melted chocolate. I blame it on s’mores. Oh wait, I melt that chocolate first. Melted chocolate is just too good!
Ingredients Needed For These Cookies
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar and light brown sugar
- Creamy peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Hershey’s Kisses
Scroll below for full printable recipe.
How do You Make Peanut Butter Blossoms?
- Preheat oven. Line baking sheets.
- Whisk dry ingredients.
- In a stand mixer cream butter and sugars.
- Mix in peanut butter then egg and vanilla.
- Blend in flour mixture until combined.
- Shape into balls and roll in sugar.
- Bake on prepared sheets until set, meanwhile unwrap chocolates.
- Immediately after baking press a Kiss into each cookie.
- Freeze until chocolate is set.
Which Kind of Sugar Should I Use for Rolling?
- If you like a crunchier exterior go for the raw sugar as they have larger coarser crystals (not turbinado raw just raw sugar). That’s what I used here.
- For a slightly finer texture granulated sugar works great too.
- Another good option is to use red or green sugar sprinkles for a fun and festive look (or maybe even try tinting plain sugar with a few drops of food coloring).
Tips for Perfect Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- Use regular creamy peanut butter for a consistent consistency.
- If dough is too sticky to work with you can chill first then roll and bake.
- Have chocolates unwrapped and ready to add to cookies as soon as they’re done baking.
- Add chocolates right after baking so the bottoms will melt and stick to the cookies.
- Let chocolate set fully before storing.
More Recipes You Might Like
- No Bake Cookies
- Gingerbread Men Cookies