Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies
Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies are sure to satisfy those sweet tooth cravings! They are a decadent cookie brimming with buttery toasted pecans and topped with a luscious penuche or caramel-like frosting. I mean who could resist??
Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies
Are you cookied out yet because I’m definitely not :). This is my final cookie recipe for the holiday season – and my last of the year too. I can’t believe 2018 is almost here, this year went by fast and was filled with lots of tasty cookies and treats.
More Cookie Recipes I Shared This Month
In case you missed it this past month here’s other cookie recipes I’ve shared:
- Chocolate Chipped Cranberry Cookies
- White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
- Orange Chocolate Chip Ricotta Cookies, Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Lofthouse Style Snoman Sugar Cookies
- One Single Santa Cookie
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Star Cookies
- Glazed Lemon Sour Cream Cookies.
In other words too many to choose from so I thought I’d make it harder with one more :).
And now with the beginning of the new year I’ll be back to healthy dinner recipes (and some desserts as always), but this December with treats galore has been so delicious!
Ingredients Needed for This Recipe
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Half and half
- Powdered sugar
Scroll below for full printable recipe.
How to Make Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies
- Preheat oven and prepare baking sheets.
- Whisk dry ingredients.
- Blend butter and brown sugar then mix in egg and vanilla.
- Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Shape into balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake and cool.
- Prepare icing in a saucepan by boiling brown sugar, half and half and butter.
- Remove from heat then stir in powdered sugar then let cool slightly to thicken.
- Spread icing over cookies and top with pecans.
I’m pretty sure whomever it was who started the cookie sharing during the holiday season she/he and I would be best friends.
The gift of cookies is one of the best gifts ever. Made with love and sure to please – because we all love cookies!
I mean if my husband made me a batch of cookies and wrapped them up in a little red tin it would be better than him wrapping up a pair of diamond earrings in a 24 carat golden box with a dazzling bow. Okay really I’d maybe pick the earrings – but a batch of cookies would mean a lot coming from him because he doesn’t like to bake so I’d be perfectly grateful for either.
In his defense though he does do a great job with gifts. He may not make cookies but he’s a pro with remodeling.
What I’m trying to say here though is that effort big and small means a lot to people, a kind gesture goes a long way and that’s one thing I really love about this season.
So if you haven’t done your baking yet or weren’t planning on doing any at all it’s not too late.