Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies, who could resist them? I’ve loved peanut butter cookies as long as I can remember and they’ll always be one of my favorites. So of course it only makes sense that I share my idea of the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe.
They’re soft and chewy, packed with peanut butter flavor, aaaand they’re super delicious dunked in milk!
Peanut Butter Cookies
The flavor of a peanut butter cookie is just hard to beat. They’re perfectly sweet and buttery rich, and they’re sure to satisfy that peanut butter craving. And who doesn’t love that traditional fork pressed criss cross pattern? I love how it sets these cookies apart from others.
Plus it makes these a fun cookie for the kids to help make, my kids love doing the rolling and pressing.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe is pretty much your typical cookie recipe but rather at the end you’ll do the fork pressing.
- Preheat oven and line baking sheets.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and sugars until combined then mix in peanut butter.
- Blend in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in flour just until combined.
- Scoop dough out about 2 Tbsp at a time and shape into balls, transfer to baking sheets
- Press cookies down with fork.
- Bake then let cool.
Watch the Video!
What Kind of Peanut Butter Should I Use?
I always stick with the regular creamy peanut butter. Natural peanut butter would work if that’s all you have but the dough might be a little stickier.
Then if you like texture in your cookies chunky peanut butter will work great here, it would add a nice crunch. But just be sure to add in extra (I’d maybe add an extra 1/4 cup since there’s all those peanuts in there).
Sure it’s easy to give in to the temptation to just grab a peanut butter cookie at the bakery or mall but you can probably have these cookies ready as fast as that outing would take.
Plus you’ll have extra for sharing with friends or coworkers and they’ll love you for it. And homemade is always the best so I say let’s get baking!
A Go-To Treat
This is my go-to recipe for peanut butter cookies and I hope it becomes yours too! They’re one of those cookies that’s just to hard to resist when someone has baked a fresh batch.
It’s the weekend so that’s always a good excuse to get baking, especially when your end result is this good!
More Kinds of Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes to Try
- Peanut Butter Blossoms (AKA Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies)
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- One 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookie
- Crisp Peanut Butter Crinkles
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies