White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
These White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Chocolate Cookies are dreamy to say the least! I made a white version a few years ago and wanted to share a chocolate version also, and finally here there are!
Chocolate Cookies with Festive Peppermint Flavor
After 3 batches of these I finally found the perfect ratio of ingredients with a rich chocolate flavor, just enough peppermint, and a deliciously chewy texture.
I started out with a recipe that I found on Food Network then changed it until they were perfect for my taste. I reduced the butter by 1/4 cup because several people were saying in the comments that their cookies just spread into one – which is likely due to a bit too much butter.
With the first batch I used Dutch processed cocoa like the recipe calls for but my cookies came out super thin so I switched to regular cocoa powder.
I also found that 3/4 cup cocoa wasn’t enough chocolate flavor so I upped it by 1/4 cup then cut back on the flour.
Now they’ve got well pronounced chocolate flavor which pairs well with the white chocolate coating. Here I also replaced some of the granulated sugar with brown for a chewier cookie.
And last but not least I wanted a white chocolate dipped peppermint cookie so I replaced 1 tsp of the vanilla with peppermint extract, and finished them off with a generous dose of white chocolate (think cookies and cream), then sprinkled them with some pretty peppermint bits.
These are Christmas + chocolate perfection! Another must-try cookie to add to the holiday baking list!
Ingredients Needed for These Cookies
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar and brown sugar
- Vanilla extract and peppermint extract
- White chocolate
- Peppermint bits
Scroll below for full printable recipe.
How to Make Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Mix in eggs one at a time then blend in vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
- Add in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out by a rounded tablespoon and shape into balls.
- Space on cookies sheets 2-inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly.
- Bake one sheet at a time in preheated oven about 8 minutes.
- Let cool cookies cool.
- Melt white chocolate.
- Dip cooled cookies in white chocolate and sprinkle with peppermint bits. Chill to set.
More Christmas Cookies You Might Like
- Soft FrostedSnowman Sugar Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies